About the Project
Building on the previous IFAD-IFPRI-CGIAR Policies, Institutions and Markets Program (CGIAR-PIM) project “Decreasing Vulnerability to Conflict in Arab Countries through Rural Development’’, the Arab Investment for Development Analyzer (AIDA) project will develop a set of such forward-looking planning and evaluation tools to help improving the efficiency, effectiveness and scaling up of rural development policies and projects. AIDA is a three-year project (2017-2020) funded by IFAD with co-financing from CGIAR-PIM and implemented by IFPRI in collaboration with ICARDA in Egypt and other partners with focus on Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Tunisia.
The ultimate goal of AIDA project is to influence the design and prioritization of policies and investments to enable rural people and refugees to overcome poverty and food insecurity in targeted MENA countries specifically. Consistent with its objectives, the project will have the following outcomes:
- Policy and investment guidelines and tools will support IFAD and Partner Governments in the design and impact assessment of national strategies and rural investment projects
- Analysts in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Tunisia will be enabled to independently perform AIDA-based policy simulations and evaluations.
- Advocacy and policy-engagement will raise awareness and provide the evidence base for creating jobs and reducing rural poverty.
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- CGIAR Policies, Institutions and Markets Program (CGIAR-PIM)
Project Partners include: